Nazia Hassan and Zohaib Hassan were a Pakistani pop group with melodious voices. Which was formed in Karachi in 1980. This pop group consisted of two siblings Nazia Hassan and Zohaib Hassan which were collectively known as “The Hassans”. Nazai Hassan and Zohaib Hassan were a pop icon not only in Pakistan but in the whole South Asia. They were the first who introduced pop music in Pakistan and are regarded as pioneers of pop music in Pakistan. They were one of the most successful Pakistani group singers who sold almost 60 million albums worldwide.
The group got their fame in 1980 from a featured soundtrack “app jesa koi” from an Indian movie “Qurbani”. This song was later placed in their most famous album “disco deewane” in 1981 it was the best selling album in all over South Asia which was producecd by an Indian producer Biddu. It was the first album which gave a new way to the music of South Asia and changed the trend of music in the whole region. The album was not only fomus in South Asia but also got hit in Brazil, Russia, South Africa and Indonesia.
Nazia Hassan and Zohaib Hassan released their second album in 1982. The album was named as “Boom Boom” which was also the featured soundtrack for the Indian movie “star”.
After 2 years in 1984 the group recorded their third album “Young Tarang” which got famous in the whole sub continent. And also it was the first album in the whole sub continent which featured it’s music video.
In 1987 Nazia Hassan and Zohaib Hassan recorded their forth studio album named as “Hotline”. Which featured their younger sister Zahra Hassan. In 1992 Zohaib hassan recorded his first studio album and it was the last fomus studio album for the group which was named as “Camera Camera”.
Before the reales of their 6th album the group announced that it will be their last album. It recieved an average reaction from the people and didn’t achived the sam fame which was got by the previous releases. After the album was released Nazia Hassan left her music career for the sake of her personal life. Nazai Hassan died in August 2000 from lung cancer. After that Zohaib Hassan went to chase his career as a solo artist and also released his album “Kismat” in 2006. In 2006 he also acted in a Tv drama serial named “Kismat”.
|1981||Our Love Last Forever|
|1982||Nigahon Se Durr|
|1982||sheela o my sheela|
|1982||takta munni mana|
|1982||mein aya tere liye|
|1982||tonight pyar karo|
|1988||Then He Kissed Me|
|1988||Don’t Think Twice|
|1995||Ankhien Band Karo|
|2002||Star of Asia|
12 Things you don’t know about Nazia Hassan
Besides all of the above information the are also a few things about Nazia Hassan which are unkown to the people.
- Nazia and Zohaib’s duo was one of the most successful duos of that time, they sold over 60 million records all over the world.
- She was the youngest and first Pakistani ever to win a Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer. She received this award when she was 15 years old.
- Nazia got married to Mirza Ishtiaq Baig on 30th March, 1997.
- She and Mirza Ishtiaq Baig were blessed with a baby boy on 7 April, 1998. Her son’s name is Arez.
- Nazia’s height was 5 foot 6 inches, which is approximately 1.68 meters.
- Her star sign was Aries.
- She had appeared on several PTV shows as a child artist. She appeared in famous music programs like “Sang Sang Chalein and Kaliyon ki Mala”.
- By profession, Nazia was a barrister.She did her LLB from London University.
- Nazia liked to work as a social worker, she gave her services to United Nations, Department of Political and Security Council Affairs and UNICEF.
- She spent all the money she earned through music on charity.
- Nazia was compared with Lady Diana at that that time globally.
- For Nazia’s great achievements and contributions, Government of Pakistan presented Nadia “Pride of Performance” award which is considered as the highest civil award of Pakistan. The award was handed over to Nazia’s mother “Muniza Basir” by Pervez Musharraf on 23rd March, 2002.
- You May Also Like: Upcoming Pakistani movies 2016